An advice column for dancers
Helpful Dancing Etiquette Tips for Men
- Do dance with several partners at a dance—and always with your hostess
at least once.
- Do practice good sportsmanship by not monopolizing a single partner on the dance floor.
- Lead your partner smoothly through the crowd, being careful that hands or elbows do not collide with those of other couples.
- Remember that bad dancing habits are easier to make than break. Even while you are learning, follow along the “line of dance.” When you enter onto a dance floor, stepping out counter-clockwise is the general rule.
- Do escort your partner back to the table. Never leave her in the middle of dance floor.
- In closing, remember a little etiquette goes a long way…Have Fun!
To dance is to live